Re: Kate Sort Plugin

On 2023/02/01 11:42 AM, Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
Hi All,

For Kate there is a tdeaddons sort plugin.

Does sorting selected text/rows/lines work for anybody else? If yes, is there a specific mantra to be sung to get the plugin to sort selected text?

The original README explicitly states "Sorts selected rows or whole file." The handbook says likewise with "Sort allows sorting a text file or selection of text."

For me the plugin ignores any selections. When the dialog appears the selection is emptied and sorts the entire document.

Sorting the characters of a word or phrase also fails. The dialog automatically populates the column fields but then fails to sort the selected text.

Please let me know if the plugin is broken or I am missing the big picture.

Thanks for your time!

D.A.

Seems to sort all the file regardless of selection. Even lose the last line in "descending" mode, if it is not empty.
Cheers
  Michele