Re: how to force resize of kcalc-trinity?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 17:27 (-0800), William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 November 2022 16:44:58 Jim wrote:

>>> I do very little in the way of changing my settings when I move from
>>> laptop > desktop > laptop > the next miracle device.  About the only
>>> obvious difference is that I have to hit Ctrl-+ two or three times
>>> when I view webpages; otherwise, my system is pretty much identical
>>> on my laptop as it was only seven or eight earlier machines, each of
>>> them quite different in specs.

>> And that is a good accomplishment (it would be better if you didn't
>> have to hit Ctrl-+, but it is still pretty good).

>> I have solved this problem by correcting the lie that the X server
>> tells us.  Might I ask how you have made your settings work across a
>> wide variety of systems?

> I wish I could tell you that I just did *this* [cue the magic dust!], but
> there is no method at work, only that I have kept tweaking* my settings, a
> little here, a little there, since about 2006, when I first started using
> KDE3. My system now looks practically identical to my system back then,
> except where I have changed the artwork on the desktop, etc. (See screenshots
> on the Trinity page where they have them posted.)

> Otherwise, I saved my home folder, whole and complete, copied to an external
> drive, then copy it to the new home folder on the next machine. The only
> stuff I don't keep are all the hidden files as the bottom of the home folder,
> as they and mostly specific to the present machine, and will need to be
> redone. That is about all I can say, tweak, tweak, tweak* away!

So, just to be clear... are you saying that these carefully tweaked
settings work across a variety of DPI values, physical screen sizes,
and different numbers of pixels, or are you saying that when you move
to a new machine with different parameters, you need to do some more
tweaking (but much less than starting from scratch)?

Thanks.

                                Jim