Re: how to force resize of kcalc-trinity?

On Wednesday 23 November 2022 07:46:19 you wrote:

> > I wish I could tell you that I just did *this* [cue the magic dust!], but
> > there is no method at work, only that I have kept tweaking* my settings,
> > a little here, a little there, since about 2006, when I first started
> > using KDE3. My system now looks practically identical to my system back
> > then, except where I have changed the artwork on the desktop, etc. (See
> > screenshots on the Trinity page where they have them posted.)
> >
> > Otherwise, I saved my home folder, whole and complete, copied to an
> > external drive, then copy it to the new home folder on the next machine.
> > The only stuff I don't keep are all the hidden files as the bottom of the
> > home folder, as they and mostly specific to the present machine, and will
> > need to be redone. That is about all I can say, tweak, tweak, tweak*
> > away!
>
> So, just to be clear... are you saying that these carefully tweaked
> settings work across a variety of DPI values, physical screen sizes,
> and different numbers of pixels, or are you saying that when you move
> to a new machine with different parameters, you need to do some more
> tweaking (but much less than starting from scratch)?
>
> Thanks.
>
>                                 Jim

Sorry about that! Didn't mean to send to your personal email address, just hit
reply without looking.

I definitely make a few adjustments with a new machine, but it doesn't involve
changing my settings.

If you will look over the threads starting about December of last year, when I
bought new laptop, you will find many posts and and other people's replies
about various issues that arise; however, as I said, I don't need to change
my actual settings (all that pretty stuff like layout, font sizes, etc.)

I do know a little something about pixels versus dpi, but that goes back to
working with printed pages (newspapers and such), and doesn't really apply
here to screen display.

About the only thing that gets changed is the screen size itself, and that
happened automatically, nothing done on my part.

If I have time, I will review some of those old posts and point to some
examples.

Believe me, I am no genius, especially when working with computers. As my old
friend Aesop once said, slow and steady wins the race. I am the tortoise in
that metaphor. All you need is 15 years or so to get your machine working the
way you want.

Bill