Re: Reliably play a sound without disrupting the screen? [offtopic]

On Sunday 20 November 2022 21.01:43 William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> Well, as somebody else said earlier in this thread, these smartphones are
> becoming necessary for almost everything. True, I am getting old enough
> that I can avoid being forced to change my way of life,

Yes. Just had to "activate two factor authentification" just to be able to
order a new microwave...

But there are things I refuse. Whats app is such a thing. If they don't send
e-mails, I'm out (and willing to remain).

Luckily my school did not choose to use Teams for messages, but others seem to
make this choice: you sens a mail (with an M$ address because it's for work)
and you get an invitation to an online meeting...