Re: Trouble Installing TDE in Devuan Chimaera

On Tuesday 13 September 2022 01:46:56 J Leslie Turriff wrote:

>       Lines originally commented out by installer because they failed to
>verify:
>| # deb     http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main contrib
>non-free
>| # deb-src http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main contrib
>non-free

These should not be commented out! otherwise the system will ignore them.

> | Err:1 https://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-updates InRelease
> |   Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The
> | name in the
>
> certificate does not match the expected.  Could not handshake: Error in the
> certificate verification. [IP: 158.69.153.121 443]
> and using http, I get
>
> | E: Release file for
>
> https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/dists/chimaera-security/InRelease is
> not valid yet (invalid for another 3h 35min 7s). Updates for this
> repository will not be applied.
>
> 	Looks like the Trinity repositories are working okay, but without
> https://deb.devuan.org/merged, is it safe to install Trinity?
>
> Leslie

Could you please attach a copy of your sources.list? (or just copy and paste
the lines from it); I wonder if you have it set up correctly. Those lines
should not be commented out; even if they are not working, they ought to be
uncommented, otherwise the system will ignore them. (You may already know
this, and I am misreading what you write; but I'm just trying to hit the
obvious points.)

I seem to recall seeing error messages like that in the not-too-distant past,
and now I have managed to get everything installed, and updates work fine
without doing anything special (such as allowing insecure repositories), so
it is possible to get there.

Bill