Re: Trouble Installing TDE in Devuan Chimaera

On Monday 12 September 2022 15:57:19 J Leslie Turriff wrote:

> 	It's a bit late for that; it took me several days just to get chimaera to
> install, and unless up(?)grading to daedalus (the devuan website doesn't
> list it) fixes the weirdness with pkgmaster.devuan.org and deb.devuan.org,
> I'm reluctant to do it.
>
> Leslie

What kind of "weirdness"? Just trying to understand what's going on there.

Devuan/Debian is bit harder than something like Ubuntu, but easier than
Slackware (in my experience). It's not for newbies, but it's not like
visiting an alien planet.

It was difficult to get through the first couple days, but after I copied over
my TDE settings, then things started to get better.

There are lots of Devuan and Debian users on the list, some who have been
running it for decades, so somebody here can probably walk you through the
necessary steps.

Bill