Re: Trouble Installing TDE in Devuan Chimaera

On 2022-09-12 19:18:09 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> >       It's a bit late for that; it took me several days just to get
> > chimaera to install, and unless up(?)grading to daedalus (the devuan
> > website doesn't list it) fixes the weirdness with pkgmaster.devuan.org
> > and deb.devuan.org, I'm reluctant to do it.
> >
> > Leslie
>
> What kind of "weirdness"? Just trying to understand what's going on there.

	Well, I don't have a screen capture of the messages that came up during the installation,
but the installer couldn't find the resources it wanted in pkgmaster.devuan.org and
deb.devuan.org, so it marked them inaccessible in source.list.
	Lines originally commented out by installer because they failed to verify:
| # deb     http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main contrib non-free
| # deb-src http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main contrib non-free

	When I run apt-get update (with or without -o Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true)
using https, I get
| Err:1 https://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-updates InRelease
|   Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The name in the
certificate does not match the expected.  Could not handshake: Error in the certificate
verification. [IP: 158.69.153.121 443]
and using http, I get
| E: Release file for
https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/dists/chimaera-security/InRelease is not valid yet
(invalid for another 3h 35min 7s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.

	Looks like the Trinity repositories are working okay, but without
https://deb.devuan.org/merged, is it safe to install Trinity?

Leslie
--
Operating System:	Linux
Distribution:		openSUSE Leap 15.4 x86_64