Re: Trouble Installing TDE in Devuan Chimaera

On 2022-09-13 04:36:08 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 September 2022 01:46:56 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> >       Lines originally commented out by installer because they failed to
> >
> >verify:
> >| # deb     http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main
> >| contrib
> >
> >non-free
> >
> >| # deb-src http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security main
> >| contrib
> >
> >non-free
>
> These should not be commented out! otherwise the system will ignore them.
	Of course. :-)

> > | Err:1 https://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-updates InRelease
> > |   Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The
> > | name in the
> >
> > certificate does not match the expected.  Could not handshake: Error in
> > the certificate verification. [IP: 158.69.153.121 443]
> > and using http, I get
> >
> > | E: Release file for
> >
> > https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/dists/chimaera-security/InRelease is
> > not valid yet (invalid for another 3h 35min 7s). Updates for this
> > repository will not be applied.
> >
> > 	Looks like the Trinity repositories are working okay, but without
> > https://deb.devuan.org/merged, is it safe to install Trinity?
> >
> > Leslie
>
> Could you please attach a copy of your sources.list? (or just copy and
> paste the lines from it); I wonder if you have it set up correctly. Those
> lines should not be commented out; even if they are not working, they ought
> to be uncommented, otherwise the system will ignore them. (You may already
> know this, and I am misreading what you write; but I'm just trying to hit
> the obvious points.)
	I have attached the sources.list in its current state, and the output from apt-get
update.  (This is before setting the clock via the BIOS.)

> I seem to recall seeing error messages like that in the not-too-distant
> past, and now I have managed to get everything installed, and updates work
> fine without doing anything special (such as allowing insecure
> repositories), so it is possible to get there.
>
> Bill

Leslie
--
Operating System:	Linux
Distribution:		openSUSE Leap 15.4 x86_64
Desktop Environment:	Trinity
	Qt:   	  	3.5.0
	TDE:	  	R14.0.12
	tde-config:	1.0
Get:2 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security InRelease [26.2 kB]
Get:4 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security/main Sources [110 kB]
Hit:1 http://tde-mirror-01.inet-design.com/trinity/deb/trinity-r14.0.x chimaera InRelease
Get:5 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security/main amd64 Packages [185 kB]
Hit:3 http://tde-mirror-01.inet-design.com/trinity/deb/trinity-builddeps-r14.0.x chimaera InRelease
Get:6 http://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-updates InRelease [26.1 kB]
Fetched 348 kB in 9s (40.0 kB/s)
Reading package lists...
# deb cdrom:[Devuan GNU/Linux 4.0 chimaera amd64 - desktop 20211012]/ chimaera contrib main non-free

# Access using https:
#eb     https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged                                        chimaera-security main contrib non-free
#eb-src https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged                                        chimaera-security main contrib non-free

# Access using http:
deb     http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged                                         chimaera-security main contrib non-free
deb-src http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged                                         chimaera-security main contrib non-free

# chimaera-updates, to get updates before a point release is made;
# see https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_updates_and_backports
# A network mirror was not selected during install.  The following entries
# are provided as examples, but you should amend them as appropriate
# for your mirror of choice.

# Access using https:
#eb     https://deb.devuan.org/merged                                              chimaera-updates  main contrib non-free
#eb-src https://deb.devuan.org/merged                                              chimaera-updates  main contrib non-free

# Access using http:
deb     http://deb.devuan.org/merged                                               chimaera-updates  main contrib non-free
deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged                                               chimaera-updates  main contrib non-free

# Trinity Desktop Environment repositories:
deb     http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-r14.0.x           chimaera          main
deb     http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-builddeps-r14.0.x chimaera          main
deb-src http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-r14.0.x           chimaera          main
deb-src http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-builddeps-r14.0.x chimaera          main