Re: whoops, i did it again: tiny taskbar icons, no text

said Leskala via tde-users:

| $ dcop kicker kicker restart
|
| This should restart the panel only - maybe this suffices to fix that
| error. Additionally, you could try to explicitly specify the maximum
| width of the taskbar buttons:
|
| $ kwriteconfig --file $TDEHOME/share/config/ktaskbarrc \
|    --group General --key MaximumButtonWidth 200
| $ dcop kicker kicker restart
|
| (value of 200 is the default for the kicker taskbar, so it shouldn't
| change anything visually from the default config)

Thanks. I suspect that the first thing you mention would be of use on the
occasions kicker seems to die entirely, when I start kcontrol, change
something in panels, change it back, hit "apply" and all is well. The
random decision by the taskbar to rid itself of text is something
different. It happens rarely, but when it does it's a problem that
restarting kicker won't fix. It has happened two or three times now, over
several years. It's unlikely to have anything to do with button width,
because what was now missing had been there before, so it's not a
configuration issue in and of itself.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album