Re: whoops, i did it again: tiny taskbar icons, no text

dep wrote:
> Thanks. Mine occasionally does as you describe, and I do as you suggest --
> I change the size from full width to something else, then back again, hit
> Apply, and yes, it restarts. This has been an issue for *years.*
>
> But it didn't work for the disappearing taskbar text. Which required me to
> logout and login again, on my system a nontrivial task. (In addition to
> interrupting existing processes it fubarred my VPN connection, which took
> until just now to diagnose and fix.)
>
> I love TDE. It doesn't always love me back.

Hello dep,

instead of logging out and back in, maybe you could try the following command
the next time it happens:

$ dcop kicker kicker restart

This should restart the panel only - maybe this suffices to fix that error.
Additionally, you could try to explicitly specify the maximum width of the
taskbar buttons:

$ kwriteconfig --file $TDEHOME/share/config/ktaskbarrc \
   --group General --key MaximumButtonWidth 200
$ dcop kicker kicker restart

(value of 200 is the default for the kicker taskbar, so it shouldn't change
anything visually from the default config)

Best regards, Leskala