Re: how to use Kmail with the new Google monster?

On Wednesday 25 May 2022 09:50:07 Marvin Jones via tde-users wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2022, D. R. Evans wrote:
> > Thierry de Coulon wrote on 5/25/22 09:12:
> >> I forward my gmail mails to my regular account (which is on my web
> >> hosting).
> >
> > I believe that, if you do that, any e-mails that gmail believes to be
> > spam do not get forwarded, but are merely placed in the gmail spam folder
> > on the gmail server. I welcome correction if I am wrong.
> >
> > (And the corollary is that this is important because, at least in my
> > gmail account, some 10% of the e-mail that gmail sends to the spam folder
> > is in fact legitimate e-mail that I want to see.)
>
> Free, Convenient, Under your control.
>
> Choose one.
>
> Jonesy

That's why I have already looked into buying my own server, and was
considering creating my own private email service for myself and maybe a few
friends or co-conspirators.

I decided that it was too much to take on for one person alone, although I
still entertain these fantasies about some kind of email cooperative
organization; owner-members, sort of like food coops or other cooperatives.

That way the work could be divided among the members. It seems to me that a
fairly small group could do it. But then somewhere along the way, there would
arise issues of trust, and we would have to draw up some sort of formal legal
agreements, and then ... gradually, eventually ... we would become prisoners
of a smaller version of the very thing that we set out to escape.

Bill