Re: Konqueror: Externally get locations?

Hi!

Anno domini 2022 Tue, 3 May 12:51:38 -0500
 Michael scripsit:
> Hi All,
>
> Goal:
> Run a {script} to capture all open Konqueror {data} such that running a second
> {script} will restore all the prior Konqueror sessions/windows.  (In the
> desktop the script was run from, although capturing all desktops wouldn’t
> necessarily be bad.)
>
> Question:
> Is there some way to externally get all the locations from all the open
> Konqueror sessions/windows on a specific desktop?
>
> Just want to know if it’s doable and if it is, a pointer to which tool to use.

Some time ago a simillar problem for the "X2" editor was on this list, you'll find the discussion in the archive (link below). Search for "www.tangbu.com/x2main.shtml" and it'll give you a starting point: https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/2U7E3OLSIZZV2H3XDMUBJXB34I5NPPOT/#FIGJ5VTG24WDWBJDYD3BUNSFWJRHMDQD

Alternative: use dcop and ask the session manger to create a named session (kdcop, look for "ksmserver"), then hint the session name in ~/.trinity and follow the session IDs. find/fgrep/awk/sed will be your friends :)

> Bonus question:
> It looks like you can call Konq w/ an explicit window size (and position?)?
>   --geometry <geometry>
>     sets the client geometry of the main widget
>
> Anyway to grab that externally too?

"xwininfo" doesthe job.

Nik