Re: non-starting browsers & other annoyances - screenshots

On Saturday 05 March 2022 01:57:29 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2022 Sat, 5 Mar 01:27:29 -0800
>
>  William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> > [...]
> > I don't use the LXDE desktop, as it started doing intrusive stuff, just
> > like KDE5 and the Gnomes. However, if lxappearance could help in this, I
> > might be willing to see if I can borrow and adapt a few items. I believe
> > I still have folders with the config files for LXDE.
>
> You don't need LXDE, you just need lxappereance. This is the only reliable
> way to set GTK2+3 themes I know of. And you can remove lxappereance later,
> when you are satisfied with the results. In fact, it's a good idea to get
> rid of it the moent you start to put your hand on ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and
> ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini 'cause it may (or may not) revort your
> changes.
>
> Nik

I was hoping that might be the case. I have a lot of KDE5 icons that I like
(cursors, etc.), but I don't actually use KDE5 itself -- the icons after
download just sit in a folder.

Maybe there yet a way to do this. I can live with Libre Office if only I can
hack the GUI to something easier on the eyes. I managed to overcome the
problem with subtle changes in the page metrics (from Open Office > Libre
Office, that is) by using a fixed width for lines.

Open Office is still a noble cause, I believe, but like a lot of noble causes
it may be doomed to oblivion.

Bill