Re: non-starting browsers & other annoyances - screenshots

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 19:10:43 -0800
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> SORRY - did everything except to add the attachments ...
>

> On Thursday 03 March 2022 23:26:26 Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
> > Did you try using the supported LibreOffice themes?
> >
> Yes, but they don't really do it for me. The borders of the GUI itself
> (surrounding my actual page) are still uncomfortably bright next to the black
> background of the page. I studied those how-to wikis and web pages, got the
> breeze-dark icons and theme, but never managed to get LibreOffice to use
> anything darker than what is displayed in my sample screenshots.

As you can see from the attachment, it *is* possible to tame the beast,
but damned if I can remember how I did it, as it's been a few years.
I think it's 90% GTK3 theming and 10% Tools > Options > Application
Colors and other internal settings.

If you invoke Help > About, there's a "User Interface" line near the bottom.
What does it say for you?  I have "UI render: default; VCL: gtk3".

E. Liddell