Re: non-starting browsers & other annoyances - screenshots

On Saturday 05 March 2022 00:26:12 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> oops, I forgot the screenshot, too :)
>
> Hi Bill!
>
> How did you manage to get kpdf show the pdfs inverted?
>
> This is what I have managed so far:
> - dark colorscheme for TDE + usable scrollbars
> - usable scrollbars for GTK2 + GTK3
> - almost identical fonts for menues in TDE and GTK

Maybe my "problem" is that I want to keep using my own self-created theme,
which goes back to those days of yore, KDE 3.5 and Kubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04.

I just want non-TDE programs to use a dark theme like Adwaita Dark (?) if they
will not use my TDE theme. I do hope that I can keep using my TDE theme, as I
don't want to reinvent the wheel yet again. (I still don't get royalties for
having invented it the first time, right after I invented fire.)

> What does not work:
> - firefox scrollbar width changes according to the clouds in Norway.
> - GTK colorscheme does not match TDE, which is to be expected
> - libreoffice is always black on white, inverted.
>
> OO uses GTK2, so you need to install gtk2 themes and set the desided theme
> with lxappearence. I thenk there was an environment variable something like
> e.g.
I don't use the LXDE desktop, as it started doing intrusive stuff, just like
KDE5 and the Gnomes. However, if lxappearance could help in this, I might be
willing to see if I can borrow and adapt a few items. I believe I still have
folders with the config files for LXDE.

> GTK_THEME=Adwaita:dark gedit
>
> to get "gedit" use dark theme. If I recall correctly from previouse
> versions of libreoffice it needed libreoffice-gtk2 to work (if it did at
> all) - and I remember some versions didn't give a s***t, so probably OO is
> no different.
>
> Nik

Yeah, that background would at least be tolerable, if I could get my non-TDE
programs to use it, but not use it for TDE.

Bill