Re: non-starting browsers - the whole sad history

On Sunday, February 27, 2022 12:39:40 PM EST Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2022 Sun, 27 Feb 10:59:33 -0500
>
>  gene heskett scripsit:
> > On Sunday, February 27, 2022 8:43:25 AM EST William Morder via
> > tde-users [...]
> > You may take it that I'm upset. But I'll keep on lurking in case a
> > fix
> > shows up.
> >
> > Thanks for reading my vitriolic spew.
> >
> > Take care and stay well everybody.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>
> I feel I'm out of good ideas for both of you. Just 3 things where your
> aproach differs from mine:
>
> - Use at least devuan chimera (better daedalus) for a fresh
> installation. Bullseye is dead and gone by now. Nativecam needs
> bullseye, linuxcnc does not - pick your poision.

Linuxcnc won't even build on bullseye, python-3.9.2 gives it a fatal
tummy ache in the ./configure step, and NativeCAM isn't on my radar as I
generally write my own g-code. I like 80 line programs that take 3 days
to finish, instead of some CAM unrolling the loop into 367 megabytes of
drivel.

And that is @? (I'm not familiar with that abreviation)

> And when TDE is up and running, take notes what you
> install/uninstall/configure.
>
> Nik

Thanks Nik, take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.