Re: Protocol not supported: smb

On Tuesday 15 of February 2022 23:34:50 deloptes wrote:
> Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I connect to my school network with openconnect (they use pulse), and
> > then open an smb share with konqueror.
> >
> > This has always worked, but on my new machine it filas with "protocol
> > not supported smb". The only thing that is really different on this
> > install is that, for the moment, I am using lightdm (I wanted to test
> > all MX tools with lightdm first).
> >
> > Can it be that konqueror requires tdm to provide smb. Or what could be
> > missing? Samba is installed.
> >
> > Thierry
>
> What happens is that konqueror will try to invoke the smb tdeio module
> to handle the smb connection (which you do when you type smb:/)
> So the error you see is that it can not run the module because "protocol
> not supported smb".
>
> To solve this
>
> there is a package tdebase-tdeio-smb-trinity
> check if this is installed
>
> under TCC > Components > File Browser > View
> make sure smb protocol is enabled

I can confirm that tdeio-smb is for a long time available as a separate DEB
package. As a result, users who do not need it are not forced to install
Samba libraries.

Enabling smb protocol in TCC > Components > File Browser > View is not
necessary - this affects whether previews on shared SMB resources will be
generated or not.

Cheers
--
Slávek