Re: Protocol not supported: smb

Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I connect to my school network with openconnect (they use pulse), and then
> open an smb share with konqueror.
>
> This has always worked, but on my new machine it filas with "protocol not
> supported smb". The only thing that is really different on this install is
> that, for the moment, I am using lightdm (I wanted to test all MX tools
> with lightdm first).
>
> Can it be that konqueror requires tdm to provide smb. Or what could be
> missing? Samba is installed.
>
> Thierry

What happens is that konqueror will try to invoke the smb tdeio module to
handle the smb connection (which you do when you type smb:/)
So the error you see is that it can not run the module because "protocol not
supported smb".

To solve this

there is a package tdebase-tdeio-smb-trinity
check if this is installed

under TCC > Components > File Browser > View
make sure smb protocol is enabled