Re: KHTML security and web engine choices for TDE (Was: Re: I'M BAAAACK!)

On 2022/02/03 03:17 AM, Hunter Ellett via tde-users wrote:
On Wednesday 02 February 2022 09:53:10 am Mavridis Philippe wrote:
I'd argue that since it supports a very limited portion of JavaScript
and apparently none of the modern Web APIs like WebRTC, WebAssembly
etc., the attack surface is actually smaller. The only disadvantages
from a security standpoint would be effective lack of eyes and work on
the source (the obvious disadvantage being, of course, a browser stuck
in time).
Agreed. I just disable Javascript and Java altogether. Perhaps until something
can be done this should be the default.

That may be a good idea I guess.

  > Webkit

With current manpower I don't see Konqueror getting a browser revival any time
soon, but it's still nice to think about.

Agreed, it is nice to discuss it and it would be good to do it. But not sure of what effort is required and whether we can fit that in with current manpower.
If anyone is willing to help, we can probably discuss it further.

Off-topic but blu, I don't know if I told you I liked Tristian (the polar
bear). I never got to make my entry because then and now I've been too busy
with the stress of modern academia to learn much outside of school. If we got
another mascot, I would be fine with Tristian. :-)

It was suggested to create a website page and ask around for people to submit more choices.
That is also a good idea, but we haven't done it yet, it's one of the thousand's pending things....

Cheers
  Michele