Re: wireless not working - new installation

On Saturday 25 December 2021 16:18:20 Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sat December 25 2021 15:52:19 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > The puzzle for me is why it will work just fine for a few reboots. Once I
> > get it working, I avoid messing with it until I know my system better,
> > but this doesn't make any sense. It works, then it doesn't.
>
> FWIW I've used TDE and wifi with many Debian versions and one or
> two Debuan versions and am currently using Debian Bullseye.
>
> I do not use systemd or network-manager or network-manager-tde or
> wicd or any other wifi automation other than wpa_supplicant.
>
> I simply edit /etc/network/interfaces to include:
>
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet manual
>     wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
> iface default inet dhcp
>
> And then /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf as appropriate, e.g.:
>
> network={
>         ssid="Some SSID"
>         psk="trinityrulez"
> }
>
> network={
>         ssid="Another SSID"
>         key_mgmt=NONE
> }
>
> You might want to see if you can get the basics working reliabily before
> worrying about automation or GUI.
>
> --Mike

I will give this a try. FWIW, I am trying to avoid using a lot of GUI stuff.
But, as I said, I don't have for ever to get this working right.

It has been more than a few years since I have had a new machine to work on; I
copied over everything from my desktop, but since it's different hardware
(and so many other things), I don't overwrite anything, but just use them for
reference.

Bill