Re: wireless not working - new installation

On Sat December 25 2021 15:52:19 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> The puzzle for me is why it will work just fine for a few reboots. Once I
> get it working, I avoid messing with it until I know my system better, but
> this doesn't make any sense. It works, then it doesn't.

FWIW I've used TDE and wifi with many Debian versions and one or
two Debuan versions and am currently using Debian Bullseye.

I do not use systemd or network-manager or network-manager-tde or
wicd or any other wifi automation other than wpa_supplicant.

I simply edit /etc/network/interfaces to include:

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
    wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp

And then /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf as appropriate, e.g.:

network={
        ssid="Some SSID"
        psk="trinityrulez"
}

network={
        ssid="Another SSID"
        key_mgmt=NONE
}

You might want to see if you can get the basics working reliabily before
worrying about automation or GUI.

--Mike