Re: TDE, error messages

Hi André,

The problem comes back again when I open a terminal konsole
in mode root with icon tde-desktop : "run as different user" : root

So, in first place are you able to login as normal user correctly? Given you said you open a Konsole I assume you are.

# dpkg-reconfigure tdm-trinity
"Failed to start tdm.service: Unit tdm.service has a bad unit file setting.
See system logs and 'systemctl status tdm.service' for details".
/etc/systemd/system/tdm.service:10: Neither a valid executable name nor an
abso...
tdm.service: Unit configuration has fatal error, unit will not be started.
tdm.service - Trinity Display Manager
Loaded: bad-setting (Reason: Unit tdm.service has a bad unit file setting.)
Active: inactive (dead)

First, you shouldn't reconfigure tdm-trinity from within a Trinity session, you should switch to a terminal command line (not Konsole). Second I noticed that you systemctl mention the file "/etc/systemd/system/tdm.service". In Debian bookworm the tdm.service file is located in "/lib/systemd/system/" folder, not in "/etc/systemd/system/". Maybe your systemd config is messed up?? Just speculating, but worth checking it.

I changed tdm.service file with the text of link above : idem.
In /run/user/1000/ I see :
d????????? ? ?       ?         ?     ? doc
d????????? ? ?       ?         ?     ? gvfs
Impossible to delete these 2 folders.
# cd doc or gvfs
"bash: cd: doc: permission not granted#
"bash: cd: gvfs: permission not granted#

Not sure what the problem could be. The most I can say is that I don't have them here.

I tried everything, I will give up tommorow to reinstall completely a new
system Bullseye and tde-desktop, I cannot pass too much time.
I think that the migration Buster to Bullseye went badly.
Thanks again for your kind help. Cheers

It may be the wisest option in the end. A full reinstall does not take long, as long as you make sure you copy over all your home folder :-) And you are sure to have a clean system afterwards. If you don't use another DE, I recommend you install a minimal debian without any DE first, then install TDE on top of it. There should be no issue.

Cheers
  Michele