Re: TDE, error messages

On Sunday 19 December 2021 14:07:10 ajh-valmer wrote:
> On Sunday 19 December 2021 18:38:36 you wrote:
> > Hi André,
> > TGW is the TDE Gitea Workspace, that is where the code is hosted and
> > where the devs work :-)
> > The tdm.service file for debian can be found here:
>
> https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdebase/src/branch/master/t
>dm/tdm.service.debian.cmake
>
> > > The problem is the file with these rights and user :
> > > /run/user/1000/ICEautorithy  rw  root root
> > > I correct by :
> > > /run/user/1000/ICEautorithy  rw-rw-r  andre  andre
> > > or I delete the file.
> >
> > The file should be own by your own user. If it is owned by root and this
> > is repeatable, probably something else is wrong. It could be the fact you
> > login as root and start things as root after killing tdm, difficult to
> > say for sure.
> > Try to go step by step:
> > 1) get the right tdm.service file, so tdm is started in the right
> > sequence 2) remove /run/user/1000/* files
> > 3) *reboot*! Don't just start things from root
> > 4) see what happens and let us know.
> > dcopserver not working is probably just a consequence of the above
> > problems.
>
> Hello Michele,
>
> You are the alone member who answers me, many thanks.
>
> The problem comes back again when I open a terminal konsole
> in mode root with icon tde-desktop : "run as different user" : root
>
> # dpkg-reconfigure tdm-trinity
> "Failed to start tdm.service: Unit tdm.service has a bad unit file setting.
> See system logs and 'systemctl status tdm.service' for details".
> /etc/systemd/system/tdm.service:10: Neither a valid executable name nor an
> abso...
> tdm.service: Unit configuration has fatal error, unit will not be started.
> tdm.service - Trinity Display Manager
> Loaded: bad-setting (Reason: Unit tdm.service has a bad unit file setting.)
> Active: inactive (dead)
>
> I changed tdm.service file with the text of link above : idem.
> In /run/user/1000/ I see :
> d????????? ? ?       ?         ?     ? doc
> d????????? ? ?       ?         ?     ? gvfs
> Impossible to delete these 2 folders.
> # cd doc or gvfs
> "bash: cd: doc: permission not granted#
> "bash: cd: gvfs: permission not granted#
>
> I tried everything, I will give up tommorow to reinstall completely a new
> system Bullseye and tde-desktop, I cannot pass too much time.
> I think that the migration Buster to Bullseye went badly.
> Thanks again for your kind help. Cheers
>
> André

It's not that nobody here wants to answer; it is instead difficult to tell
from your descriptions just what is the problem.

This is just a shot in the dark, but a couple things you say are vaguely
familiar. If I am completely wrong, please ignore this message!

Have you installed desktop-base-trinity? It is possible to install tdm-trinity
and other TDE packages, yet still miss this one. If not, install it, and make
sure that you uninstall desktop-base, which comflicts with the TDE version.
Then make sure that you run sudo dpkg-reconfigure tdm-trinity
desktop-base-trinity.

Your problems with dcop also sound familiar, but I cannot recall how I solved
that one.

yours

Bill