Re: No boot to TDE, error messages

On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 00:05:55 +0100
"ajh-valmer" <ajh.valmer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm surprised to not receive an answer about my TDE difficulties,
> however, 100% linked to Trinity (dcopserver and ICEauthority).

No, ICEauthority has nothing to do with Trinity per se, you will have the
same issue with almost any DE (there few which does not use ICEauthority)

> On Monday 13 December 2021 12:13:46 ajh-valmer wrote:
> > Important precisions, I receive these two messages on boot TDE :
> > 1) The following installation problem was detected while tryng to start
> > TDE : No write access to "/run/user/1000/ICEauthority".
> > TDE is unable to start.
>
> > 2) There was an error setting up inter-process communications for TDE.
> > The message returned by the system was :
> > could not read network connection list :
> > "/home/andre/.DCOPserver_debian-room__0"
> > Please check that dcopserver program is running !
>
> > If I correct :
> > the write access for "/run/user/1000/ICEauthority",
> > and read access for "/home/andre/.DCOPserver_debian-room__0"
> > it works, but after the next boot, I receive the two same messages,
> > I make the correction again... and next boot, idem...
>
> > I'm sure that Slavek will give the solution :-)

I believe the most common reason for recurring wrong permissions on
ICEauthority and DCOPserver is having your home folder been owned by root.

--
  Nick Koretsky (nick.koretsky@xxxxxxxxx)