Re: No boot to TDE, error messages

On 2021/12/15 08:05 AM, ajh-valmer wrote:
Hello,

I'm surprised to not receive an answer about my TDE difficulties,
however, 100% linked to Trinity (dcopserver and ICEauthority).

Cheers,  André

On Monday 13 December 2021 12:13:46 ajh-valmer wrote:
Important precisions, I receive these two messages on boot TDE :
1) The following installation problem was detected while tryng to start TDE :
No write access to "/run/user/1000/ICEauthority".
TDE is unable to start.

2) There was an error setting up inter-process communications for TDE.
The message returned by the system was :
could not read network connection list :
"/home/andre/.DCOPserver_debian-room__0"
Please check that dcopserver program is running !

If I correct :
the write access for "/run/user/1000/ICEauthority",
and read access for "/home/andre/.DCOPserver_debian-room__0"
it works, but after the next boot, I receive the two same messages,
I make the correction again... and next boot, idem...

I'm sure that Slavek will give the solution :-)

Hi André,
apologies for the late reply, busy period these days.
Not sure what could be wrong on your system, but I would start from some basic checks:
1) do you have ownership and write access to "/run/user/1000/ICEauthority"?
2) is our user "andre" ok and id 1000?
3) did you try creating a new user and see if you can login with that?
4) do the write/read permits get messed up also if you don't launch tdm and simply restart your system from CLI?
Also are you using systemd or sysvinit?
It is difficult to give more precise feedback, since we don't see the same issue here. Some users reported some problems on ICEauthority after trying to run TCC in root mode, but it seems here your problem is before you even run a TDE session.

Cheers
  Michele