Re: mystery missing dependencies

On Friday 17 December 2021 12:46:33 Michael wrote:
> On Friday 17 December 2021 02:25:59 pm William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > I tried
> > install the basic Trinity packages. (I copied my list from my desktop,
> > which is Beowulf, but I changed my sources.list over to
> > Chimaera/Bullseye.)
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> I must say I'm confused...
>
> Why not just install the entire TDE ecosystem and be done with it?
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo aptitude install tde-trinity
>
> Sure you've installed crap you might never use, but it's just disk space?
> Even if you kept the 128 GB SSD, it's just not going to matter?
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Best,
> Michael
>
> Ref:
> https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Devuan_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Inst
>ructions
>
> PS:  Did you get the private mail, Date: 12/12/21 21:32?

I don't so much mind downloading unneeded packages, as I can always delete
them, and cut them out of the loop in later installations. What I mind is
getting a message that doesn't make sense. I never tried to install those
packages.

Anyway, yeah, if there is a way to download ALL of Trinity, without picking
through the packages, that would make life simpler. When I started doing
this, it was apt-get only, and I built my system by hit-and-miss, picking and
choosing. But now that I've got it running, I still like to know what goes
into making the sausage; I don't just want to trust that everything gets
installed without being able to inspect it.

Regarding private emails, no problem, except I don't recall it. Just now got
the private email dated today; if there is another on that date, then maybe
it got marked as spam, or got sent into the Trinity mailing list folder, but
I did catch it.

Let's see ...

Bill