Re: polkitd + udisksd not starting

William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> As for me, systemd is a deal-breaker. My machine would always hang, and
> there was nothing I could do but to reboot constantly. Since using Devuan
> and init, no problems at all.

just a short answer.
Now 11/9/2021 systemd is fine to use. I also postponed adopting it for few
years, but I setup couple of requirements and at some point of time it beat
them. So ATM I am using it on the Desktop and Notebook. On the server and
firewall I do not see any benefit, so I use sysvinit-core.

What Devuan does is to be respected, but IMO it is waist of time. Those
precious resources could be used to improve Debian itself.

Sure there are and will be issues with systemd, but for now in Debian stable
it is unlikely as systemd is already mature enough.

I am not advocating for systemd, but after studying the backgrounds and why
it was adopted by all major distros, it really makes sense (even on
servers)

Anyway - this is my PoV, my thoughts and my experience.