Re: Please shuffle off with the off topic topics

On Saturday 09 October 2021 05:16:01 am Mike Bird wrote:
> Let's not annoy users and make it more difficult to search the archives.
>
> There's plenty of appropriate forums so you don't need to discuss off
> topic topics here.

Mike,

If you are referring to the recent discussion regarding the future of this
mailing list.  Wanna explain how that is off topic?

If that’s not what you’re referring to, what recent topic is it that you
consider off topic?  If you’re just annoyed by the amount of posting about
an ‘on topic’ discussion , there is nothing anyone can do about that but you.
Which then makes this thread by you ‘off topic’ and an annoyance to the rest
of the list.

Regards,
Michael

PS:  Personally I’ve never had an archive search return anything useful.  Not
because there was too much off topic content (cause how would that be
returned?), but because the archives are structured so poorly that following
a thread is near impossible.