Re: Please shuffle off with the off topic topics

On 10/9/21 8:31 AM, Michael wrote:
> On Saturday 09 October 2021 05:16:01 am Mike Bird wrote:
>> Let's not annoy users and make it more difficult to search the archives.
>>
>> There's plenty of appropriate forums so you don't need to discuss off
>> topic topics here.
>
> Mike,
>
> If you are referring to the recent discussion regarding the future of this
> mailing list.  Wanna explain how that is off topic?

There hasn't been a discussion regarding the future of this mailing list.
There were a couple suggestions made which, as replacements for the mailing
list, would be completely unworkable, and then a whole bunch of posts by a
few people who seem to think they'd be good ideas to replace the mailing list.

This is not a chat server where things just roll off the top and are gone
forever.  It's a mailing list, and that's exactly what it's supposed to be,
because that's what works really well for its intended purpose.  That means
every single person on the list gets every single message you send as an
email, and has to deal with it, even if it's just to delete it.  That's why
dozens and dozens of off-topic posts promoting absurd off-topic ideas are a
big problem for everyone.  So, will you guys PLEASE STOP.  Talk about those
things all you like, but please do it SOMEWHERE ELSE, like private email,
where it doesn't cause problems for everyone else.

Don't we have a moderator who can put an end to things like this?  Slavek?
Anyone?

--
PGP key: http://homestead-products.com/pubkey.htm