Re: Change to forum software? (was TDE Matrix.org room?)

Anno domini 18:45:48 Fri, 8 Oct 2021 -0700 (PDT)
 Gianluca Interlandi scripsit:
> The advantage of mailing list vs forum for me is that I'm "forced" to see
> the discussion, so I still learn a lot. My 2 cents ...

+1

And some more things to consider:
- realtime chat is nice, but in reality it only works when you live in ~ the same timezone and have the chat client running. IRC is as good or bas as jabber, but IMO it's not much used by the lists audience.
- how to meaningful archive that?
- forums are nice, but (aside from phpbb) forum software quit a bloat on the client side nowadays and optimized for "mobile devices" aka mousecinemas. And you have to activly visit them.
- lots of different services scatter information.
- my intention was not to start a discussion on how to get rid of the mailinglist, but to get mails to the list past local censorship.

Nik