TDE Matrix.org room?

On Thursday 07 October 2021 11:05:50 am E. Liddell wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 09:19:05 +0200
>
> "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <dr.klepp@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anno domini 2021 Wed, 06 Oct 14:37:41 -0500
> >
> >  Hunter via tde-users scripsit:
> > > I think that the mailing list may not be the best way to reach users,
> > > although its certainly more active than the IRC channel. As an
> > > alternative, I have a TDE Matrix room if anyone is interested and it
> > > needs to grow: #trinity-desktop:halogen.city
> >
> > I might sound ignorant, but what's a "Matrix room"?
>
> I assume it's an on-line venue accessible through the matrix messaging
> network (see matrix.org ).

Hey Hunter,

I wandered around matrix.org, and it’s pretty confusing as to what it actually
does.  Would you mind providing some links that give a good high level
summary of what this Matrix thing is?  What it provides (is it some variant
of forum software?)?  What a person would need to do to be able to use it?

And how you envision it being able to replace the TDE mailing lists? (<= I’m
assuming that’s what you’re meaning.)

Case in point, this https://matrix.org/docs/guides/introduction might be good
for a hardcore geek, but to the average Joe Linux user it’s mostly
gobbledygook.

Thanks,
Michael