Re: TDE Matrix.org room?

On 10/7/21 12:48 PM, Michael wrote:

Hey Hunter,

I wandered around matrix.org, and it’s pretty confusing as to what it actually
does.  Would you mind providing some links that give a good high level
summary of what this Matrix thing is?  What it provides (is it some variant
of forum software?)?  What a person would need to do to be able to use it?

And how you envision it being able to replace the TDE mailing lists? (<= I’m
assuming that’s what you’re meaning.)

Case in point, this https://matrix.org/docs/guides/introduction might be good
for a hardcore geek, but to the average Joe Linux user it’s mostly
gobbledygook.

Thanks,
Michael

In looking at the above page, it reads like it's along the lines of what Zoom and Jitsi offer, live online meetings. Except with Matrix, you use your own server, instead of one that's centralized.

--
TDE: 14.0.11pre
Debian: 11 (bullseye, and64)

Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.