Re: Change to forum software? (was TDE Matrix.org room?)

On Friday 08 October 2021 12:28:34 pm William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> But for now, at least, I would keep the list, too, unless there is some
> pressing reason otherwise.

Problems with the mailing list:

- All email addresses become publicly published on the archival site.
- Censorship blocks mails from being submitted to the list.
- Everyone gets off topic emails
- Everyone gets the spam emails submitted
- Since many on the list use [data collecting] mail providers, then all
peoples’ emails on the list gets data collected.

Forums do have their own problems.  And my personal dislike of this mailing
list, first point, is for me mitigated by the fact I create unique emails for
every entity I sign up with, but that is possible for only a very small
portion of our members.

Nik’s quote, “Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable
also sharing with the NSA, CIA” is extremely relevant to the last point.

2 cents,
Michael