Re: Kmail connections

On Sunday 05 September 2021 08:36:06 Echedey López Romero via tde-users
wrote:

> On 5 September 2021 13:12:14 WEST, Edward <epp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hi everyone.
> >
> >I'm not too happy that neither Debian nor the Ubuntuzilla repository
> >have made Thunderbird 91 (now on 91.0.3) available after almost a
> > month since 91.0 was released. I obviously do not know what could be
> > holding it up.
> >
> >Does TDE's KMail offer persistent/cached (?) connections like
> >Thunderbird does - with the app open/minimized if an e-mail comes in
> >(IMAP accounts), it's automatically retrieved?
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
>
> I can tell you that no AFAIK.
>
> I wanted to make a question here too because I didn't see a
> configuration switch to even make automatic check every several
> minutes.
>
> There are only options at startup or manually.

Thats not true, it can access your ISP's mail server. But it puts the
command line to sleep (but doesn't miss what you type) while its doing
it, so I automated that as a separate process with fetchmail which scans
my ISP's server at 2 minute intervals. Which hands the mail delivery off
to procmail, which in turned runs the incoming mail thru both
spamassassin and clamav by way of custom recipes, depositing what
survives that gauntlet into /var/spool/mail/$username, and inotifywait
see's that and tells kmail by way of dbus, to go get the local mail and
sort it into its proper directories.  This only takes a few milliseconds
per message. Much less annoying.

I in my dotage, at 86, am basically lazy. Let the computer do all that
drudgery work. life is much simpler that way.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis