Re: hibrid system plasma+tde

William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> Or, it could be, he is a TDE purist: Thou shalt have no other desktops
> besides Trinity!

Indeed, why would you run other desktops? I personally run only TDE and have
Gnome and KDE applications running as well.

Regarding default applications there is this here
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/mime-apps-spec/1.0.1/index.html

and if TDE is not complying to this, we should be working in this direction,
which I can not say, because I do not use another desktop.
However when I right click an attachment in KMail, I have the option to
choose "Open with..." and then associate the MIME-type with specific TDE
application.

Perhaps it is just a matter of time for everybody to comply to the
Freedesktop specs, but remember that TDE existed before those specs were
written and the others may implement slightly different versions of these
specs.