Re: hibrid system plasma+tde

On Monday 09 August 2021 19:33:11 dep wrote:
> said Michael:
> | it says "install kmail+dependencies from triniy-desktop."
> | "+dependencies from triniy-desktop" implies the person not in fact using
> | TDE but whatever other desktop is default installed in kubuntu.  Throw
> | in the plasma reference and they are using KDE 4+?
> |
> | So the question as the OP wrote it seems to translate, "How does a stand
> | alone TDE application integrates with some other desktop?"
>
> Inasmuch as he was complaining as to the behavior of kmail-trinity -- how
> it does not open files in the applications he wants it to open in -- then
> it is a TDE concern.
>
> I do not know your setup, but here, I need to set file associations and
> such separately depending on whether it's a TDE, KDE, or Gnome
> application -- I have some of all three running. For KMail, the file
> associations I have set must be set in KControl's file associations;
> likewise, they need to be set in the KDE configurator for those
> applications, and in Gnome for those.
>
> So people who have problems with kmail-trinity would rightly come here,
> because here is the only place that would have the correct answer.
> --
> dep

I think maybe that he, like a lot of us sometimes, did not read every word in
every email in that thread, and gave undue weight to the words KDE, Plasma,
and their related krap.

Or, it could be, he is a TDE purist: Thou shalt have no other desktops besides
Trinity!

At some point in the future, I would like to become a member of this second
group, because other desktops don't play nicely, and leftover garbage from
every one of them have caused me problems, large and small. But it is easier
for me install Devuan using the mate or xfce desktops.

Then, too, there are persons who actually *like* to try out other desktops,
and (so I have heard) seem to think that KDE4/5 and Plasma and the Gnomes and
such are actually "good"; which puzzles me, but I accept that they know what
they like, even if they do like krap. It is not for me to judge them.

:-}

Bill