Re: how to stop power management - hibernate/standby, etc. ?

On Wednesday 04 August 2021 03:33:54 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> > > It's thwe 3rd tab "Autosuspend" on the right that you have to check.
> > >
> > > Nik
> >
> > By *check* I will assume that you mean I must inspect it (rather than
> > to "check" it in the sense of ticking or marking that box).
> >
> > In any case, as you can see by the new screenshot (see attachment),
> > autosuspend is already disabled.
> >
> > :-7
> >
> > Bill

> I forgot:
>
> ~/.trinity/share/config/tdepowersaverc
> ~/.trinity/share/config/kpowersave.eventsrc
>
> Theses are the suspects for unwanted suspend/hibernate. If there's no
> command specified that could possibly send your machine to
> suspend/hibernate, then things get interesting: - Check BIOS settings
> - Stop TDE and observe if suspend/hibernate occurs without X11
>
> Nik

In answer to your previous email:
Yes, I did disable it in all settings.

Thanks for pointing me to those -rc files. I used to look for them early on in
order to force other preferences or settings (changing permissions to
read-only on those files), but the same idea didn't occur to me here.

I think I got out of the habit when TDE started using a different kind of
configuration file (.kcfg, I think?) for some programs, and it's not so easy
to make those changes.

Let's see if I can get it that way.

Bill