Re: how to stop power management - hibernate/standby, etc. ?

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 21:17:22 -0700
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Okay, so riddle me this. I have totally disabled power management for my
> system, created a user profile, made it the same as my default profile so
> that it ought to be the only profile that loads. (I do this through the
> Trinity Control Center / System Administration / Monitor & Display / Power
> Managment.)
>
> Yet my system still goes into hibernate mode (or so I believe) after it has
> been left unattended (that is, no direct actions involving myself).
>
> This is a desktop system, built by myself out of parts, but I am running
> Devuan Beowulf and the most recent upgrade from the PTB repository. I don't
> need to use power management, since there is no battery to worry about.

The nuclear option would be to rebuild the kernel without support for suspend,
but that may be overkill.  There *should* be a software "helper" at some
level (below TDE, but above the kernel) that you can kill instead.  Possible
suspects include elogind, suspend (https://github.com/bircoph/suspend),
hibernate-script (https://gitlab.com/nigelcunningham/Hibernate-Script), and
the obsolete pm-utils.  There may be other Devuan- or Debian-specific
options that I don't know about.

E. Liddell