Re: Printing PDF's [possibly OT]

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 10:59:49PM -0700, Gianluca Interlandi wrote:

> >Sounds to me like the PDF is broken.
> >
> >PDFs should not depend on the fonts being installed in your system.
>
> I thought this is true only if the fonts are embedded in the PDF. It has
> happened to me in the past that a PDF would not render and print correctly
> until I had installed the MS TrueType fonts.

Right. PDFs *should* have the fonts embedded in the PDF by default.

Some fonts will never embedded, because they are flagged as "No
Embedding". And I suppose that people should be able to disable font
embedding if they choose. But I stand by my claim that by default PDF
creator software ought to embed fonts.

--
Steve