Re: [users] Using Konqueror for the web

On 2021-06-29 14:01:33 dep via tde-users wrote:
> In my estimation Konqueror is not only the worst web browser ever made but
> the worst from its very inception and the worst imaginable. It's a good
> file browser, though for anything critical I prefer mc in a terminal or
> Krusader, which is an X mc. And I very much hope that no one ever tries to
> make Konqueror a browser anymore -- the idea of it as a web browser was
> abaodoned by KDE about five years ago, to the regret of no one because it
> really sucked in that function.
>
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=132499
>
> There are a lot of good web browsers. (And too many KDE file managers!)
> --
> dep

	Konqueror was an adequate browser for its time, back when KDE2 was superseded by KDE3,
but the (dubious) HTML "standard" has been so much of a moving target, without dedicated
Konqueror-only supporters it couldn't keep up. :-(
	What I really miss is a browser like aWeb, which allowed the user to selectively display
images, interactively browse and maintain the cache, and customize its interface even
more than KDE does.  IMO, the browser development community has sold out to the interests
of commercial trackers and data collectors.

Leslie
--
   Operating System: Linux
Desktop Environment: Trinity