Re: Is there any saving of KMenu?

said Nick Koretsky:
| On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:45:12 -0500
|
| Michael <mb_trinity_desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > On Friday 11 June 2021 02:12:48 pm dep wrote:
| > > Nor is there any place I can find a simple file that contains all
| > > the entries in one's KMenu, such that one might rearrange them by
| > > hand. It is surely stored someplace, but I cannot find it. It ought
| > > to be able to be opened in a spreadsheet such that the order could
| > > be altered with a click.
| >
| > Okay, this will suck...
| >
| > - Open a command prompt
| > - Do nothing for more than 1 minute...
| > - Edit something in KMenu
| > - Then run these two commands
| >
| > # find / -newerct $(date +%Y-%m-%d -d '1 min ago') -type f
| > # find / -newermt $(date +%Y-%m-%d -d '1 min ago') -type f
| >
| > The first does "Change" time, the second does "Create" time.
| >
| > And you *should*! be able to find where KMenu stores it changes in...
|
| This will not help. There is .config/menus/applications-tdemenuedit.menu
| but it only contains manually edited things.
| AFAIK the actual menu is assembled in memory from .desktop files

A glance at it suggests that it includes lots of things that I didn't add
manually. But it would also be a huge headache to try to edit it into any
kind of order.

Still, it's more than nothing. I just see no obvious way, other than
cut'n'paste in a text editor, to manipulate it.

Am I the only one who finds KMenu troublesome?
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/