Re: [OT] rant about education :)

Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> That's the problem. When was the last time you came across something
> really mindblowing? Somhow society has lost it's dreams, only the slavers
> dream on.

When I read about Perelman solving the Poincare conjecture. Unfortunately
there is more attention payed to EU song contest :D and avg. idiot has no
idea who Poincare was, who Perelman is and what exactly the conjecture is
telling us.

> Ok, enough of the rant. We live in interesting times, and to loosly cite
> William Gibson: maybe the apocapypse is already happening right now, but
> it's a slow one, and that's the reason for the uncomfort some of you feel.
> ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dlvle5YBv4 )

"Some of you" - this is excluding you? Uncomfort? Not sure if you have
children, if you do it is strange you exclude yourself, if you don't ... I
would rather not comment.

I woke up in 1998 when I read the story of Nikola Tesla. Shortly after The
Matrix came out. Some years ago Idiocracy came out. I am not suppose to
write about my feelings because it could lead to misunderstanding and
trigger COBRA* :D