Re: BINGO! 64-bit!

On Sunday 25 April 2021 16:06:10 E. Liddell wrote:
 to find out if I have such a "weird incompatible
> > BIOS"?
>
> We need a name and version number for the BIOS, I guess.  Or else
> the make and model of the motherboard.
>
> The BIOS name should show up on screen at the beginning of the
> boot sequence.  Version number may be there too, or somewhere in
> the BIOS configuration screens.
>
> The motherboard's information might be in the BIOS configurator as
> well, or you might be able to find it by opening the case and checking for
> information silkscreened on the board itself.
>
> That's the best I can do.  We've gone somewhat beyond my areas of
> expertise here.  To be honest, I'm not 100% sure the combination of
> a 32-bit BIOS and a 64-bit processor is even possible, but it seems
> like a good idea to rule it out.
>
> E. Liddell

after reboot - the BIOS
copied from the boot sequence, and from digging through the BIOS itself

ASUS P5GC-VM
ACPI BIOS revision 2007
AMI BIOS 0407 build date 09/22/08

I can't find anything else (so far) from digging round in my system info, but
maybe I don't know where to look.

Bill

P.S. However, I did just discover this nifty little command, lshw, and here is
the output. (There's actually much more information, but it isn't pertinent
to the CPU and motherboard.)

lshw
<hostname>
    product: System Product Name (To Be Filled By O.E.M.)
    vendor: System manufacturer
    version: Rev 1.xx
    serial: SYS-1234567890
    width: 32 bits
    capabilities: smbios-2.4 dmi-2.4 smp-1.4 smp
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=desktop cpus=1 family=To Be Filled By
O.E.M. sku=To Be Filled By O.E.M. uuid=60770470-8DFE-D511-9F64-001D607F8E50
  *-core
       product: P5GC-VM
       vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
       physical id: 0
       version: Rev x.xx
       serial: MS1C79B00G03073
       slot: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
     *-firmware
          vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
          physical id: 0
          version: 0407
          date: 09/22/2008
          size: 64KiB
          capacity: 512KiB
          capabilities: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing escd cdboot
bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int