Re: BINGO! 64-bit!

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 01:47:46 -0700
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> after reboot - the BIOS
> copied from the boot sequence, and from digging through the BIOS itself
>
> ASUS P5GC-VM
> ACPI BIOS revision 2007
> AMI BIOS 0407 build date 09/22/08
>
> I can't find anything else (so far) from digging round in my system info, but
> maybe I don't know where to look.

That's more than enough.  Somebody put a copy of the manual for this
board online.  I can't access the whole thing, but the table of contents
confirms that it supports 64-bit operation.

Maybe Felix is right about the BIOS being corrupt.  It looks like ASUS
still provides a BIOS file download:

https://www.asus.com/us/support/CPU/1/22/39/6/PYvbfOokwxUzJky3/C20090604160704/

How to actually flash it is another question.

What happens if you just try to boot (not install) from a 64-bit-only
live CD (any distro)?

E. Liddell