Re: Mailing list etiquette [meta] top posting?

On Saturday 16 January 2021 23:15:22 Steven D'Aprano via tde-users wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 09:23:34PM -0800, William Morder via tde-users
wrote:
I don't actually smoke; at least, not cigarettes, and not much of anything
else. Too much coffee, there is my vice. My medical expenses are nil. So, no
worries for you there.

Yes, I have known enough technies and nerdists in my life, and they answer all
their emails like they are still in the mailing list; responses inline
through the paragraphs.

;-) I get it, I do.

Your argument really comes down to "but this is the way we have always done
it"; which, as I said, puts us all in the position of having to police one
another. I would like to choose Door #3, please. There must be a better way.

Anyway, I have said my piece, and will follow the consensus. I struggle to see
the advantages of the no top-posting rule, but I would not want anybody to
think that I am not a total geek.

Myself, I geek in order to live. I don't live in order to geek. It isn't
natural for me.

Bill