Mailing list etiquette [meta] [was Re: Re: Konqueror & FAT32]

Just a gentle reminder about bottom-quoting without trimming, which
combines all the disadvantages of top-posting with none of the
advantages.

The message I replied to included *nine* levels of quoting,
approximately 200 lines worth, followed by a single response at the very
end. I had to page through six screens to get to the author's comment.

Please everyone, remember to trim your quoting to managable levels, and
to use inline posting between paragraphs. (Some people call that "bottom
posting" as you respond at the bottom of each paragraph, but that term
is more correctly used for adding your own text at the very bottom of
the entire quoted message. Which is worse for the reader than
top-posting.)

(I've done my best to remove any threading information from this email,
as I don't want to point the finger at any specific person.)

--
Steve