Re: Boot times [OT] Way OT.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 07:19:08PM -0500, BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:

> Big Daddy's initial install is about 10 or less GBs.

Who or what is Big Daddy?

> It's likely the differences you're seeing are do to some form of
> customization? It may be the faster one has some kind of boot
> streamlining.

Time for boot up (power on to appearance of the wall paper where you can
click to get a login prompt) is about the same on both machines.

It's the login itself which is wildly different: virtually instantaneous
on one machine, long enough for me to make a coffee on the other.

> If so I'd like to know. Could be handy.
>
> Investigate, the collect requires this information!

I doubt I will be able to do much investigation, they are work machines,
I have limited access to them (no more than two days per week) and
neither the time nor inclination to spend hours dissecting the fine
details of their configurations.

But if I do happen to find out anything useful, I'll let you know.

--
Steve