Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021 schrieb deloptes via tde-users:
> This is quite OK. What I mean is that you have the entries hardcoded
> in those files and not generated by the same source. This leads to
> problems like the one we have that someone should update all the
> files if something changes. It would be better if we generate all
> those files from the same source.

If there is such one. And if you have the programmatic framework to
automise that. But maybe it's in the source repo already, IDK.

I rather got the impression that stations.dat is a collection of
individual data but I could be wrong. It's easy to edit. I changed some
of the "ue"s, "oe"s and "ae"s to real german umlauts and it seems to
work. As easy would it be possible to add or delete entries.

> I also noticed other duplicates in the code and despite I am not a
> professional C++ developer, I still had to shake my head.
> I was thinking there should be one service and library doing all the
> work, no?

Well, yeah, I mean probably! :-)

But, hey, I only learned two hours ago that there are (at least) two
different things: kweather, the service, and weather_applet which runs
in kicker. And in the help pages for Kweather other applications are
mentioned to use the data the daemon retrieves and provides…

Cheers,
Stefan