Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021 schrieb deloptes via tde-users:
> Stefan Krusche via tde-users wrote:
> > If there is such one. And if you have the programmatic framework to
> > automise that. But maybe it's in the source repo already, IDK.
>
> I'm studying TQt3 for the past couple of years. The biggest problem
> is time - or better lack of time.

I'd like to, too, but as you said…

> > I rather got the impression that stations.dat is a collection of
> > individual data but I could be wrong. It's easy to edit. I changed
> > some of the "ue"s, "oe"s and "ae"s to real german umlauts and it
> > seems to work. As easy would it be possible to add or delete
> > entries.
>
> I do not know what is the source of stations.dat. What I do not know,
> I do not touch.

You are talking about automatically updating stations.dat. This up to
now never was a question or problem for me.

The problem is, instead, what I reported. See also
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdetoys/issues/9

I think, this should at least be investigated by someone with insight in
the source code before.

> Regarding the ue -> ü and oe -> ö, you could help with that, if you
> want. AS mentioned time is a problem, but you can contribute by
> working on the PR to pimp this up (see at the end below).

Yes, of course! I'd love to.

> >> I also noticed other duplicates in the code and despite I am not a
> >> professional C++ developer, I still had to shake my head.
> >> I was thinking there should be one service and library doing all
> >> the work, no?
> >
> > Well, yeah, I mean probably! :-)
> >
> > But, hey, I only learned two hours ago that there are (at least)
> > two different things: kweather, the service, and weather_applet
> > which runs in kicker. And in the help pages for Kweather other
> > applications are mentioned to use the data the daemon retrieves and
> > provides…
>
> To me it is spaghetti and I would like to have it at least lasagna :)
> - but this dish is not on my priority list at all.
>
> Let's look at the bright side. Now we have a branch in Gitea
> dedicated to the issue #9, so we can work on that.
> The plan is to work together and update the different files and
> locations -> this is what you can do - no code modifications at all
> just prepare the information, find out what is the source of this
> stations.dat file, write a readme - I just do not have the time to
> check every one station individually or write a script to do so.
> I can compile and test all the changes - you can test as well, if you
> wish of course. When ready some of the Trinity Gods can bless our
> work and merge it :)
>
> What do you think?

Great! Sounds like cooperation. What else can we expect from each other
or this community!

Stefan