Re: keepassx crashes - due to Qt4-TDEStyle

On Sunday 27 December 2020 10:12:20 Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> Dne Sunday 27 of December 2020 11:49:53 William Morder via tde-users
>
> napsal(a):

> > > I don't know this app, but qt4 is no longer present in latest distros
> > > and qt4style also no longer available. Cheers
> > >    Michele
> >
> > After installing everything that seemed possibly relevant in tqt and qt4
> > (to no avail), I also discovered keepassxc, which has an ugly gui, but
> > at least it works. I will look into keepassx some more, to see if it has
> > problems in the wider world outside TDE.
> >
> > Since the keepassxc fork works, I suppose it is already resolved well
> > enough.
> >
> > Bill
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> qt4tdestyle corresponds to the qt4-tqt-theme-engine package. You can try to
> remove this package so that TDE style cannot be used in Qt4 applications.
>
> As Michele mentioned, because Qt4 is currently being removed from
> distributions, it probably doesn't make much sense to spend time fixing
> the Qt4 TDE style engine. There it will be more appropriate to think about
> porting TDE style for Qt5 and Qt6.
>
> Cheers

Thanks, Slavek and Michele! Removing the qt4-tqt-theme-engine package
eliminated the problem, and everything works fine again, so consider it
resolved.

I usually keep things simple and primitive on my system, anyway, and don't
miss whatever that package provided. I must have downloaded it during an
upgrade.

Bill